Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Rebecca Emory
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
learning how to get plumbing quotes/quotes in Cincinnati

Rebecca Emory
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted

Greetings All!

1) I'm looking to get quotes for a plumbing job in Cincinnati. Growing up, there were no professionals available so I only observed REI family working with good 'ol boys and sketchy fellas. Quotes were not something available and usually there was only one or two folks in the area who were jacks-of-all-trades... masters of none. I need to learn how REI works when real professional tradesman with legitimate businesses are involved. Can you toss me some plumbing companies in the Cincinnati area who are happy to work with both investor and residential clients?

2) Being new to Ohio, my REI and Plumber family could look at any quotes and give me their thoughts, but I know they would be influenced by the standards for their regions. (Or lack of standards as noted above.) I need to learn what the general norms for Cincinnati are. What costs do you think I'm looking at for:

Job 1
- new hose bibb and install from inside basement through block to exterior of house. Sounds like permit needed so would I expect plumber to obtain and pay for out of the quote?
- first quote is $657
Job 2
- dig up about seventy feet of corrugated pipe in heavy clay with random buried building debris, replace with about seventy feet of 4" SDR 35 pipe and fittings. Mini-excavator needed to dig up old pipe, backfill hole, do grading.
- first quote is $1,691

Thanks for taking the time to help us get our sea legs... um... Ohio legs?

Rebecca

Loading replies...