Investor · Piscataway, NJ · Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 8 votes
I am looking into purchasing a SFH in Hope mills, NC (Fayetteville area). How is the rental market in this area. I know there is a fort bragg which is brining lots of military folks in to this town and has very high rent to owner ratio. Cost of living is cheap and the SFH are being sold are in a decent price range as well. Let me know, if you have suggestions for me.
Rental Property Investor · Wake Forest, NC · Member since 2017 · 128 posts · 131 votes
4y
@Manthan Patel hey! Just by using “Fayetteville” in your post you have about 50+ people who have keyword searches set up. Great market. Great part of the larger local market. I would suggest finding a local investor friendly agent who can tell you details of specific properties or wholesaler lists and go from there.
Rental Property Investor · Wake Forest, NC · Member since 2017 · 128 posts · 131 votes
4y
@Manthan Patel hey! Just by using “Fayetteville” in your post you have about 50+ people who have keyword searches set up. Great market. Great part of the larger local market. I would suggest finding a local investor friendly agent who can tell you details of specific properties or wholesaler lists and go from there.
Realtor / Investor · Vienna, VA · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 114 votes
4y
I am a Realtor in Northern Virginia. Historically, our market is one of the best and safest when it comes to appreciation and asset protection. However, it is in the lower tier when it comes to cash flow and that is my main investing goal. I want to buy detached homes in B +/- neighborhoods that, while not necessarily at the 1% rule are pretty close.
Fayetteville NC fits that bill.
I started a website that connects investors with investor oriented Realtors around the country so I have a handle on several US markets. The choices for cash flow are many but for various reasons, a few years ago I dipped my toe into Fayetteville and liked the temperature. I have since gone back and purchased additional homes there.
It is getting harder but you can find single family homes in fine neighborhoods (with no HOA) that would sell for $120,000 to $150,000 and rent $1100 to $1300.
The base provides a steady flow of tenants. However, know that with military tenants, you will have leases shortened by deployments. In fact, just last month, I lost a tenant when she got deployed to Europe.
If you need a great agent there, PM me or check out my site in my tagline below.