I wanted to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself...

I wanted to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself...

Real Estate Broker · Yorkville, IL · Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 7 votes

Hello all REI professionals.

I wanted to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself and express my genuine gratitude for having found Bigger Pockets and this community. My name is Ryszard (Richard) Toporowski, I am 42 years old, I live in the western Chicagoland suburbs with my wife and two daughters and I am an aspiring rookie real estate investor. My main goal this year is to network along with soaking up as much real estate knowledge I can possibly gather and most importantly take action. I am currently studying for the Illinois brokers exam which I plan on taking in April with the goal of wholesaling in the beginning to gather up enough capital for my first investment property. To keep this short and sweet, if you are a RE professional in the Chicagoland area, my goal is to connect with each and every one of you.

What I lack in real estate experience, I make up for with 20+ years of experience in residential construction, electrical engineering, drafting & design, photography & videography, web design, graphic design, social media marketing and ecommerce. I would love to help and offer my services in any way possible; asking nothing in return. At this point in my life I do not need to sell my services, instead I wish to meet others in this industry who are successful so I can admire and mimic their footsteps.

I wish everyone health and prosperity and I look forward to meeting you all in the near future.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Ryszard Toporowski

7Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
4y

@Ryszard Toporowski you should connect with @Zach Shepard who runs one of the top wholesaling operations in the area. A lot of wholesalers get into this expecting to make some real money right away, but wholesaling is like an other sales business in that it takes a long, long time to really get rolling. I always recommend new wholesalers work with someone who is more experienced (plus licensed which is an Illinois requirement as well). 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mark F.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Elgin, IL · Member since 2016 · 326 posts · 270 votes
    4y

    Hi @Ryszard Toporowski welcome to BP, you’ve come to the right place to read, learn and connect. Looks like we aren’t that far from each other, in fact Aurora & Elgin are very similar cities/markets, if you’d ever like to chat let me know,


    Mark

  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    @Ryszard Toporowski you should connect with @Zach Shepard who runs one of the top wholesaling operations in the area. A lot of wholesalers get into this expecting to make some real money right away, but wholesaling is like an other sales business in that it takes a long, long time to really get rolling. I always recommend new wholesalers work with someone who is more experienced (plus licensed which is an Illinois requirement as well). 

  • Scott JohnsonBusiness Member
    Specialist · Greenville, NC · Member since 2019 · 673 posts · 408 votes
    4y

    Hey, @Ryszard Toporowski! I'm originally from Crystal Lake, IL!

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 493 posts · 162 votes
    4y

    @Ryszard Toporowski

    Welcome to the BP Forum and community. BiggerPockets is a great place to network. Perhaps also look at industry events or conferences, local networking and and real estate events. 

    All the best in getting started and welcome again. 

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    Hey @Ryszard Toporowski - Awesome to see you jumping into the real estate game!  We have a lot in common from our experience in the construction industry.

    Do you have a specific market within Chicago that you plan to target for investing?

    More than happy to help you out along your RE journey in any way possible.  Look forward to connecting and working together.

  • Eudith VacioPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago & NWI · Member since 2015 · 860 posts · 521 votes
    4y

    Welcome @Ryszard Toporowski! 

    Wow, sounds like you are coming in with A LOT of great experience in real estate already. If you need a recommendation for taking your IL brokers exam, I would highly recommend Art Betuzzi with iloverealestateschool.com

    BEST OF LUCK!

  • Investor · Lyons IL 60534 · Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    Hello @Ryszard Toporowski! 

    I am newer to the Bigger Pockets forums as well. I am Ottawa, just a few miles west of you. I have 2 properties now and I'm looking to grow my portfolio. I'm interested in meeting wholesalers and would love to connect with you about that or anything real estate. Feel free to reach out to me at any time.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.