Rooming House to Market Rate Apartments

Rooming House to Market Rate Apartments

Lender · Fairfield, CT · Member since 2018 · 183 posts · 82 votes

Does anyone have experience with converting a rooming house to market rate apartments? What did you find to be the biggest hidden expenses or things to pay particular attention to?

Thank you!

0Reply
4 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • William CollinsPro Member
    Investor · Rocky Hill, CT · Member since 2013 · 373 posts · 299 votes
    5y

    @Account Closed  I looked at this. The big thing to think about is the layout and the utilities.  All of the boarding houses I have seen are single utilities and nothing is broken out. So water, and electrical are usually an almost complete re- run.  The other thing is parking at most rooming houses I have seen is inadequate for full occupancy.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.