Lake County Florida rental property with a large lot

Lake County Florida rental property with a large lot

Investor · Austell, FL · Member since 2014 · 110 posts · 19 votes

I just finished a rehab in Leesburg Florida and the property will be listed for rent by next week. It is on about .65 acres. I called the city and they said I could probably build another 4-5 houses based on the space that is available.

At this point I’m trying to figure out the “highest and best use” for this lot. My initial thought is new construction, however, I would probably need to wait until I refinance out of the hard money loan in a couple of months before I explore that.

A friend of mine said he could build a 2/2 house, 800sq for about 80k-90k. Ideally I would want to build as many houses as possible and subdivide the lots.

I have zero experience with new construction, however, I am totally willing to learn if it makes sense to build. Thoughts?

I’m all ears if anyone has any other create ideals or if you might be interested in partnering.

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Mount Dora, FL · Member since 2015 · 92 posts · 44 votes
    7y

    Hi Bobby. Congrats on the new investment and hope you find good tenants!

    We invest quite a bit in the Leesburg/north Lake county market, and I’d love to chat.  Let’s get in touch. 

  • Investor · Austell, FL · Member since 2014 · 110 posts · 19 votes
    7y

    @Sebby Gabre Madhin I will send you a PM

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.