Steps I am using to buy a 1000 unit Apartment Complex

Steps I am using to buy a 1000 unit Apartment Complex

Syndicator of Large Apartment Buildings · Glen Mills, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

A while back, there was a post I read The 6 Human Needs Apply To Business that I have been thinking about. Here is the image that I am borrowing from the OP.

To set this up, I am a big Tony Robbins fan so these points mean a lot to me. Justin asked me what I have been doing to contribute.

It got me thinking, what can I contribute to the BP community to provide value to the group.

I am buying a 1000 unit apartment complex and I have been writing down the steps of my process such as pre-deal review to LOI to negotiation, to PSA, etc. you get the point.

I found this asset off-market and I have been working on it since March 2019. Over the years I have been hitting the seller up in various ways such as calling, emailing, and direct mail. Persistence does pay off. 

Once I get this bad boy closed, maybe one day BP can have me on and I can share the whole story. My last podcast was show 135, so it has been awhile.

For those just getting started, would having a list of some steps putting a syndicated deal together be helpful to read?

7Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
5y
congrats thats a BIG deal for sure..  
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · NV and CA · Member since 2016 · 374 posts · 227 votes
    5y

    @Brian Adams- Yes, that would be helpful.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    5y
    congrats thats a BIG deal for sure..  
  • Syndicator of Large Apartment Buildings · Glen Mills, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Ryan Fox thanks

    @Jay Hinrichs Yes it is

  • Real Estate Agent · Sisters, OR · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Congrats!  That is very exciting.  Along with your steps to close I would be curious on your criteria what investors can expect for returns etc.

    Thank you and good luck,

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.