Investor · Passiveadvantage.com · Member since 2019 · 164 posts · 91 votes
Hey All,
I was considering developing a type of service/tool that is specifically geared toward a certain aspect of Real Estate Investing. If I were to want to maintain my intellectual property on this, what type of legal representation/counsel should I search out before doing so. I do want to share with others to get their opinions, but I am hesitant due to the possibly of intellectual property breach or someone using the idea, but not sure how to best go about protecting myself before sharing. I guess it would be someone who is familiier with intellectual property in relation to real estate.
If you have specifics reccs. on legal representation either people or attorney type that would be much appreciated.
Lender · Logan, NM · Member since 2017 · 77 posts · 34 votes
5y
@Duke Giordano
I would say you do need a lawyer that specialized in intellectual property. See if you can get referrals from local lawyers in your area. I bet someone else has had the same idea but implementing is the key and your unique spin on it makes it your own even if someone else ran with the same idea. Good luck with it.