Under contract 4 Unit Multifamily in Carolina, Puerto Rico

Under contract 4 Unit Multifamily in Carolina, Puerto Rico

Rental Property Investor · San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 15 votes

Hey guys I am new to Bigger Pockets.  I just bought my 2nd 4unit Multifamily in Puerto Rico and utilized the bigger pockets spreed sheet.  Really cool application.  Is anyone else buying up real estate in Puerto Rico? Would love to connect.

0Reply
11 views

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
    7y

    I don't know that Puerto Rico has the appreciation & cash flow potential most would like to see. I could be wrong so im interested on your thoughts and experiences.

  • Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
    7y

    I don't know that Puerto Rico has the appreciation & cash flow potential most would like to see. I could be wrong so im interested on your thoughts and experiences.

  • Aaron T.Pro Member
    Developer · Aguada, PR · Member since 2014 · 927 posts · 278 votes
    7y

    Puerto Rico is hit or miss depending on locations. without a lot of people working, it makes it hard to buy if there is no income coming in. the STRs are big down there, but the prices are up due to the investors like us already in there. 

    I should have my place in PR later this year. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    Puerto Rico’s cash flow is amazing if you know where to buy. You can buy a 4 unit multifamily in San Juan or Carolina that grosses $2,250 and I only bought it for $145,000. You need to know the market. I just signed a contract for my 2nd one. Affordable housing in Puerto Rico has a real shortage. So I am focused in that area. Not to mention my San Juan AirBnb had 97% occupancy in September. So I look at Puerto Rico as a home run while a lot of others view it as high risk. So far it’s been good to me. That’s my experience. Hope that information helps 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    Aaron what are you developing and where in PR?

  • San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Congrats Jordan!
    I'm also from PR.
    Right now there's no appreciation but if well maintain it will hold price while PR gets better. With experience Cash Flow is always amazing.
    Have you been able to find this kind of Multifamily deals in San Juan? 
    Lets connect

  • Rental Property Investor · San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Thanks Jose. Yes my 4 unit is in San Juan country club, I am in contract and will close next week on 4 unit in Carolina country club. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
    6y

    I guess know your area is a big key. I am Puerto Rican but have only travelled to certain areas to see family and I would never invest in the areas I have been to. I will do some more research. And there is hot spots you would recommend I'm interested in taking a look at them.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Yes it’s all about location. San Juan and Carolina are my area of focus. But even in those 2 cities you want to avoid some urbanizations.

  • Real Estate Broker · Puerto Rico · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Hi Jordan. Real estate agent in PR here, I see you're mostly in the metro area. Would love to connect, too. 

  • Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    I have two investment properties in San Juan and the ROI is great! You need to be very familiar with the area. It is one market where the 1% rule still holds, with high quality tenants.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    wow! Just seeing this post I made 10 months ago. @Angel Sustache would love to link up @Nora Davila yes selecting good tenant is key. So update on PR real estate I know have 2 4unit multifamily and a duplex fully rented in P.R. 10 rental units and thank God everyone paid rent during the pandemic so far. I plan on 2-3 more purchases by end of year. Hope everyone is doing well during these times. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2017 · 114 posts · 108 votes
    6y

    @Jordan Delacruz how is employment over there? Is the covid crisis affecting PR much?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    I only invest in the affordable market so there is more of a demand. I have 10 rental units and all paid rent, thank God. But it’s impacted here just like the states. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Puerto Rico · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Thanks. Sent you a message.

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Angel Sustache looking at multi family. Please pm me

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Jordan Delacruz I’m from Brooklyn ny but would like to buy properties in PR. Problem is I don’t know anybody there. Any advice of good property management, handyman, cleaner?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @Regina C.hello. My company transform enterprise LLC can work all that out. Feel free to inbox me

  • Homeowner · MD · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Hello!

    I am just getting into REI and am researching next moves. I am from PR, have lived in the states for years, but my whole family is still in PR. I'd like to know more about the RE aspect from folks investing there since I have connections there.

    @Nora Davila and @Jordan Delacruz, I was analyzing properties and went to the CRIM website to get property tax info. It seems outrageous that a property in SJ would pay upwards of 8% per year. Am I missing something?

    I’d appreciate your input, connecting would be even better!

    Happy Holidays!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.