Thoughts on this DUPLEX Reno for under 8k (Before & After Photos)

Thoughts on this DUPLEX Reno for under 8k (Before & After Photos)

Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 11 votes

I did all of the work on this renovation myself. I just wanted your thoughts on my apartment and the numbers.... I have another house with similar numbers and I am looking to make this my full time job and quit teaching. 

The under 8k renovation:

Purchase Price $105,000

Monthly Mortgage: $422

Taxes: $2,958

Insurance: $1,068

Rent Unit 1 1BR: $1100 Rent Unit 2 1BR:1000 (Heat Included in Both)

Unit #1

Unit #2

2Reply
17 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Those are some good numbers and the apartments look great! 

  • Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    Thanks! It was a lot of hard work Jeff! I see you are new, so if you have any questions please ask away.

  • Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    Hi! David,

    You did a really great job on the flip!

    All the best to you!

  • Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    Thanks Pam! I think I am going to keep this one... the numbers are too good.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @David Palmer:

    Thanks! It was a lot of hard work Jeff! I see you are new, so if you have any questions please ask away.

     Is that a pre-fabbed barn door? 

  • Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    No, I built them both myself using wood at Home Depot. Get the hardware off of amazon it’s way cheaper. The double door is barn wood from Home Depot which is hard to work with without gaps. Get tongue and groove pine at Home Depot for the door and regular pine planks for the pieces to hold the door together.

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Looks awesome and the numbers seem great, good work!

  • Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    Thanks Andrew. It’s a rare 2% deal

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.