Cash for keys for preeviction prior to court .

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
7y

"Would you offer cash for keys"

Never. When a tenant decides to violate their lease I serve notice to evict. It is then the tenants decision to resolve the issue, leave or be evicted. 

I refuse to bribe any tenant to leave. I have a very strong personal dislike for bad tenants and prefer to evict. I have no need for a lawyer to do my evictions so my cost is worth it. 

I also have a reputation to maintain in my area and do not want the word to get around that I reward bad behaviour.  

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Buffalo, NY · Member since 2014 · 371 posts · 146 votes
    7y

    Absolutely.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 930 votes
    7y

    Why not? Doesn't matter if you are an LLC. The goal is to get the person out. Keep in mind that acceptance of C4K usually precludes any court, so you can't do C4K AND continue with an eviction.

  • Real Estate Investor · Painesville, OH · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    @Ron Alexander. Thank you
  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    7y

    "Would you offer cash for keys"

    Never. When a tenant decides to violate their lease I serve notice to evict. It is then the tenants decision to resolve the issue, leave or be evicted. 

    I refuse to bribe any tenant to leave. I have a very strong personal dislike for bad tenants and prefer to evict. I have no need for a lawyer to do my evictions so my cost is worth it. 

    I also have a reputation to maintain in my area and do not want the word to get around that I reward bad behaviour.  

  • Wholesaler · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2012 · 34 posts · 25 votes
    7y

    As an experienced land lord I have learned all to well that going to court is never as slam dunk as it seems.

    So, heck YES I’d offer cash for keys but only if the unit is cleared of their belongings and broom swept. 

    Hope this helps.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.