Connecticut - Multifamily Mastermind Group

Connecticut - Multifamily Mastermind Group

Greenwich, CT · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 25 votes

Last year I bought my first Multifamily (7 units). My goals this year is to buy a larger apartment building (+16 Units) with my business partner. 

I read a post about someone doing a mastermind group in Mass, and thought heck I would love to go to this if it was in CT.  I thought it would be great to set up a group of other investors that are looking to do the same or something similar. We could use the meetings to discuss deal sourcing, investment criteria, running pro-forma's on current opportunities etc. I learned a ton on the last purchase and any lessons I can share or advice I can use from other investors on this next purchase would be great.

I don't envision this being a large ordeal just a handful of investors who want to throw ideas and whatnot around.

The only prereq would be that you're in the hunt for larger multi-families.

Let me know if any interest.

2Reply
59 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Westboro, MA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 471 votes
8y

@Account Closed

Awesome you were able to get a 7 fam! How did you finance it? 

In the facebook group there are now about 160 investors mostly in MA/RI, but some also in ct! Since these states are so close together, I could send you the invite for the group- I could also add you to the hangout group of about 95 investors where you could put your contact info etc, 

just let me know!- 

See this reply in the discussion

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Westboro, MA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 471 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed

    Awesome you were able to get a 7 fam! How did you finance it? 

    In the facebook group there are now about 160 investors mostly in MA/RI, but some also in ct! Since these states are so close together, I could send you the invite for the group- I could also add you to the hangout group of about 95 investors where you could put your contact info etc, 

    just let me know!- 

  • Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    @Account Closed I would definitely be interested in something like this.

  • Watertown, CT · Member since 2013 · 40 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    I would be interested in this!

  • Property Manager · CT · Member since 2014 · 687 posts · 329 votes
    8y

    Sounds like a great idea.

  • Specialist · Plainville, CT · Member since 2015 · 478 posts · 389 votes
    8y

    I'm in.  Let's do it!

  • Cromwell, CT · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed I would definitely be interested in this! 

  • Greater Hartford area, CT · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Steve Bracero:

    @Account Closed

    Awesome you were able to get a 7 fam! How did you finance it? 

    In the facebook group there are now about 160 investors mostly in MA/RI, but some also in ct! Since these states are so close together, I could send you the invite for the group- I could also add you to the hangout group of about 95 investors where you could put your contact info etc, 

    just let me know!- 

     Hey @Steve Bracero, I'm definitely interested in being part of the Facebook group. I'll shoot you a PM!

  • Greater Hartford area, CT · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    @Collin Stewart

    This sounds like a great idea, if you were to get a group going, I'd be happy to join.

  • Greenwich, CT · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    @Steve Bracero I financed the acquisition ($332,000) with 80%LTV, 5yr fixed rate @ 5% with a 25 year amortization through a local credit union. Its a value add property that we are hoping to hold for 4 years, have a 2.0X equity return with a 25% IRR, so far we are on track! Also please send me the Facebook invite that sounds great.

    As far as the CT Multifamily Mastermind Group it seems like there is a lot of interest, so LETS DO IT!! I'll set up the event's location and keep you guys posted. 

  • Stamford, CT · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    @Colin Stuart I would be interested in joining this group!
  • Investor · CT · Member since 2017 · 165 posts · 75 votes
    8y

    Subscribed! 

  • Rick SantasierePro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Granby, CT · Member since 2015 · 694 posts · 317 votes
    8y
    Colin Stuart awesome idea. Count me in. Always looking for opportunity to network and help one another advance their holdings. Please share group when you create it!
  • Greenwich, CT · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    Hey everyone - I have created the event! 

    @Mario B. @Rick Santasiere @Giannina Biala @Chad Fagan @Carrie Angyal @Chris Tracy @Craig Bellot @Holly Scanlon @Michael Noto @Steve Bracero

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/553409-connecticut-multifamily-mastermind-group

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Colin- great idea. I’m definitely interested

  • Real Estate Investor · Unionville, CT · Member since 2016 · 260 posts · 167 votes
    8y
    I would like to be included as well!
  • Greenwich, CT · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    NEW LOCATION: Sign of the Whale in Stamford, CT 

    SAME TIME: 7-9pm This Thursday 

    Please feel free to message me if your have any questions, thanks

    @Steve Bracero@Michael Noto @Holly Scanlon @Craig Bellot@Chris Tracy@Carrie Angyal @Chad Fagan @Rick Santasiere @Jeff Saul 

  • Stamford, CT · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    This sounds great!

  • Tzvi AusubelPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 244 posts · 66 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed Would love to join this group. Looking to invest and build relationships in CT! I think there's a very under valued market here and excellent opportunity to buy while prices are insanely high elsewhere. It's only a matter of time before CT picks up!

    Looking forward to connecting with you all!

  • Investor · West Haven, CT · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Just saw this thread, i am interested in being at the next meeting!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.