Texarkana? any thoughts on the area for MF investing???

Texarkana? any thoughts on the area for MF investing???

Commercial Real Estate Investor · Pinole, CA · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 12 votes

Hello All....

I was wondering about the Texarkana region of Texas for investing in Multifamily property...I don't know the area and I was just wondering what the opinion is of the area....is it a dead zone or does it have potential for some future growth or at the least, a good place to invest for stable cash flow.

I spoke with some brokers today and I got two very different viewpoints...one guy flat out said it sucks and my money would be better spent elsewhere and another painted a rosy picture with lots of business and transportation going on in the area...I would love to get the opinion from people here on BP as I value my fellow investors in the area with boots on the ground.

I realize its not one of the hotter markets that is in the news all the time...I am looking for a good stable market that isn't dying and has potential for at least some future growth.....

thanks for the help

Jeff

0Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Dallas - Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 89 posts · 33 votes
    8y

    @Jeff Banky - What did you end up doing in Texarkana?

  • Investor · Texarkana, TX · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    I live in Texarkana and buy in the Littlerock, AR and Dallas markets if that tells you anything. 

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 66 posts · 21 votes
    8y

    We have under a dozen doors in Texarkana/wake village and enjoy the 3% and up rent to PP for single family. In 2018, we plan to enter mfh  and the numbers appear to match that same trend. 100% occupancy for mfh is a norm for the area and with A and M new campus and downtown renovation, you can bet the area is a good place.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.