Large investor for Canada Real Estate - Investment process?

Large investor for Canada Real Estate - Investment process?

Developer · Los Angeles · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 1 vote

I represent a large Middle Eastern investment group who are ready to make a sizeable investment ($10millionUSD+) in residential/commercial real estate in Canada. I am looking for help from someone who understands the tax law and best investment vehicles to setup for optimum returns. The client has invested heavily in the US and understands the process, however they were told it is quite different in Canada. Any help would be much appreciated.

Rasheed

0Reply
31 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Syndicator of Large Apartment Buildings · Glen Mills, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Rasheed Chahal, I have bought over 1000+ apartment units in the US, but not familiar with the rules in Canada. Wish I could be more helpful to your group.

  • Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 320 posts · 125 votes
    9y

    @Rasheed Chahal - If you're looking for someone who is familiar with real estate tax laws for foreign investor shoot me a PM and I can put you in touch with my lawyer. As for vehicles for investment, foreign or otherwise, it greatly depends on your appetite for risk. There are large, stable commercial investments in cities like Toronto or there are development opportunities in up and coming cities like Hamilton.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.