Let's Do Some Deals!

Let's Do Some Deals!

Specialist · Plainville, CT · Member since 2015 · 478 posts · 389 votes

Hi Fellow Investors!  I just signed-up for the wonderful world of Bigger Pockets and would like to introduce myself.

I'm looking to buy big apartment buildings and would like to talk to those with similar goals.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Chris

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2014 · 351 posts · 220 votes
11y
Originally posted by @Chris Tracy:

Hi Fellow Investors!  I just signed-up for the wonderful world of Bigger Pockets and would like to introduce myself.

I'm looking to buy big apartment buildings and would like to talk to those with similar goals.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Chris

 Hi Chris,

I'm all in..... I started buying single homes and flipping them in the Riverside and Orange county area about 8 months ago.  I have bought 5 homes 4 are sold I made 150k plus and will continue to do that.  

My goal is to buy a 50 to 100 unit building, using the cash from my flipping business.  I know a person that will be successful doing this business needs a team, a strong team.  I have a great comtractor, and a very experienced lender.  Things like property managers, attorney's for evictions, account these type of service providers 

I would like to keep in touch with you and between the 2 of us help each other build our teams. Help each other examine the deals, I know my success has come fast and strong because I examined 100's of SFR's and never did anything. Then one day I just went for it and never have looked back. We need to do the same for muti unite buildings. Then when we are ready to buy and close escrow that's what will happen.

I read a great story on bigger pockets the other day about a investor in my city bought a 81 unit building for 3.1 million fixed it and rented it and sold it for 5.4 million this month or 3 years later.  I will look for it and send it to you if I can.  

Hope to here from you soon.

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    11y

    Welcome to biggerpockets.

    askbp and podcasts are located under the " learn " tab

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2014 · 351 posts · 220 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Chris Tracy:

    Hi Fellow Investors!  I just signed-up for the wonderful world of Bigger Pockets and would like to introduce myself.

    I'm looking to buy big apartment buildings and would like to talk to those with similar goals.

    I look forward to speaking with you!

    Chris

     Hi Chris,

    I'm all in..... I started buying single homes and flipping them in the Riverside and Orange county area about 8 months ago.  I have bought 5 homes 4 are sold I made 150k plus and will continue to do that.  

    My goal is to buy a 50 to 100 unit building, using the cash from my flipping business.  I know a person that will be successful doing this business needs a team, a strong team.  I have a great comtractor, and a very experienced lender.  Things like property managers, attorney's for evictions, account these type of service providers 

    I would like to keep in touch with you and between the 2 of us help each other build our teams. Help each other examine the deals, I know my success has come fast and strong because I examined 100's of SFR's and never did anything. Then one day I just went for it and never have looked back. We need to do the same for muti unite buildings. Then when we are ready to buy and close escrow that's what will happen.

    I read a great story on bigger pockets the other day about a investor in my city bought a 81 unit building for 3.1 million fixed it and rented it and sold it for 5.4 million this month or 3 years later.  I will look for it and send it to you if I can.  

    Hope to here from you soon.

  • Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
    11y

    Hey Chris

    Welcome to the BP family :-)

    Kudos,

    Mary

  • Long Island, NY · Member since 2015 · 138 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Chris Tracy! All the best to you in your endeavors.

  • Specialist · Plainville, CT · Member since 2015 · 478 posts · 389 votes
    10y

    Thanks everybody for the warm welcome!  How's everybody doin'?  Who's got a hot deal they're excited about???

  • Investor · PA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    You sound hungry, in other words motivated. I have just bought anothetr property , pulled out 30K within a month of small updates.Keep cost low so you profitl is high..Doesnt matter where your from, deals can happen by netoworking all over the world..Im hungry as well ..lets talk

  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    10y
    Chris Tracy , I see you are a commercial broker specializing in large apt complexes. Which markets do you specialize in? Are you looking to buy this apt complex for yourself or offering your services to find a deal? I am part of a group of investors looking for a 100-200 unit complex which we can improve.
  • Syndicator of Large Apartment Buildings · Glen Mills, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Chris Tracy, welcome and wanted to reach out as I buy 100 to 400 unit deals.

    I will tell you up front that jumping into big apartment deals can be a bit frustrating. 

    I have covered how I got started in a thread How I quit my CPA Job to Buy Big Apartments also on BP Podcast 135.

    I wanted to pass along the links as you might find a couple nuggets of info that you can apply to your own business on your journey to buying large apartments.

    Good luck!!

  • Renter · Chicagoland NW Suburbs · Member since 2016 · 111 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    @Chris Tracy, @Percy N., and @Account Closed I see that you all are looking for apartment buildings are you all buying in your state only or are you looking into other states example Chicagoland??

  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    10y

    @Turquoise Brown-Utley, Chicagoland may be OK, depending on the deal.

    In fact, I will be in the area in 2 weeks.

    PM me if you have a good deal.

  • Investor · PA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    preferably other states

  • Renter · Chicagoland NW Suburbs · Member since 2016 · 111 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    @Percy N. PM me your criteria or SFR and if you are looking for apartment buildings send me your criteria as well.

  • Renter · Chicagoland NW Suburbs · Member since 2016 · 111 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed PM your criteria if you are interested in the Chicagoland area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.