My "deal a day" exercise is turning into a potential deal

My "deal a day" exercise is turning into a potential deal

New to Real Estate · Yazoo County, MS · Member since 2022 · 31 posts · 18 votes

I've been trying to analyze a "deal a day" for the last few weeks to gain some experience (in truth it's been more like 3 a week) One of them has really turned into an interesting case. I've gotten a lot of numbers on it, and the more I learn the more intrigued I am. I've gotten the rent rolls, and am waiting on an insurance quote. It's currently only about 30% occupied, and been that way for the whole year. This seems to be due to being under managed, as far as I can tell, since the neighborhood is fine, and property was rehabbed a few years ago. I do still need to nail down a few more expenses. I talked to a commercial lender and got a ballpark rate and monthly payment. 

As far as I can see now, God's got 3 main doors that He needs to open for this deal to go through (in reverse order):

3) The insurance numbers can't be prohibitive (flood & wind zone). 

2) Bank will need to lend on potential income, not current NOI. Lender said they might could do that.

1) I don't have the $70,000 needed for a DP. Not even close. And don't currently know anyone that does. 

But I'm not going to let any of these deter me. I'm going to keep going as if all 3 are green lights, until such time as the deal either dies or closes. 

3Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Member since 2022 · 338 posts · 374 votes
    3y

    I love the strategy of looking for a deal a day - this is a great way to expose yourself to a wide range of properties and be able to make a more informed decision!

  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 383 posts · 248 votes
    3y

    A true inspiration. I've been dusting off my commercial real estate books over the holidays to freshen up on points and plan on doing the same - run a few buildings per week. Best of luck with this one and keep us in the loop!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.