Gutters on roof for duplex investment property.

Gutters on roof for duplex investment property.

Investor · Manhattan · Member since 2018 · 55 posts · 35 votes

I need to put gutters on the roof of my duplex. My property manager got in contact with a roofer, and it’s going to cost around $2,300. Is that a fair price? Also the property manager mentioned that I can hold off on putting gutters on the roof for several years. I just wanted to confirm that is true. 

1Reply
20 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2021 · 70 posts · 31 votes
    4y

    Hi Jonathan, 
    I would maybe suggest to get at least 1-2 more quotes in order to see if the price you are currently being quoted is reasonable & a fair price.

    Make sure all contractors are bidding apples to apples (same scope & same/ similar materials).

    Regarding the gutters, I would actually ask for a second or third opinion from contractors in order to get an idea of when the gutters will next need to be replaced. This way you can budget for this adequately.

    Best Wishes,

  • Investor · Manhattan · Member since 2018 · 55 posts · 35 votes
    4y

    @Alex Ballesteros

    Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. 

  • Benjamin AakerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Brandon, SD · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    It's hard to tell you if it is a good price as it varies between locations and type of building. I put gutters on a 2 story single-family house for about the price you stated so It doesn't seem too crazy. While the duplex doesn't have to have gutters immediately, they add to the aesthetics, keep the annoying drips away from doorways when it is raining, and help direct water away from the foundation. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.