Sacramento, CA · Member since 2013 · 1 post · 0 votes
I purchased a short sale home about five months ago, and no, the short sale approval letter is still not out. So, we're now on five months. I'm assuming this will go to about 6 months. I heard that US Banks takes longer than most banks. They don't even look at the paperwork until three months after it's been submitted. I heard that the bank accepted the asking price of the house, they accepted the real estate commissions (Gee great for them!) and I heard the paperwork is now in Fannie Mae's hands. I mean is this going to take another 30 days? Can the listing agent contact the bank again asking Fannie Mae to expedite this? I can't believe I've been this patient! I think the agents need to be more aggressive. Anyone else waiting as long as me? I live in California.
Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
13y
If it's FNMA, the bank doesn't approve the price or payments to junior liens. Only FNMA does that, and FNMA valuations/prices have been crazy high the last few months.