Neighbors house in foreclosure want to buy

Neighbors house in foreclosure want to buy

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 27 posts · 3 votes

Want to buy house in my neighborhood that just went into foreclosure. House doesn’t need much work. Family got divorced and both left house. I was originally just gonna buy and hold some mulitis but i am in a nice neighborhood that i know this house.  My question is how can I get to the bank before it gets out there for others to buy ?

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
7y

@Daniel Stanziale if its already in foreclosure, it's too late and it will likely go to auction

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Daniel Stanziale if its already in foreclosure, it's too late and it will likely go to auction

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 27 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Jason D. thanks I wasn’t sure how the banks worked that end. I thought they woukd list it with realtors or auction. 

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    “In foreclosure” means the foreclosure process hasn’t been finished yet..no foreclosure auction yet....this means the borrower still owns it, not the bank. Find the owner, make a deal if he has any equity. 

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    Has the property been auctioned and repossessed by the bank (no one bought it at auction)? Or is the property simply being foreclosed on (i.e. the owner hasn't paid and the bank has filed the documentation to foreclose). How you should proceed depends on which one it is.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 27 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    The house is across the street from me.the owner left around June. It’s it court for foreclosure hearings. I wanted to see if I could buy it before auction. I know what it’s worth and I know my area.  Also just had did refi on mine and I know the value in this neighborhood. It has not gone to auction yet. 

  • Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y

    Until the judge drops the gavel you have a chance , BUT you wont get a deal the bank will want whats owed .  

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 27 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Thanks. Everyone gonna hit the ground running tomorrow and figure out where this thing is at. 

  • Investor · Lakeland, FL · Member since 2015 · 344 posts · 606 votes
    7y

    @Daniel Stanziale where the heck is Naugatuck?

    Here’s the deal, rules of forclosure vary from state to state.

    Unless I know what state the property is in, I can’t help u.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 27 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @David Dey Naugatuck is in ct   If u can help. That would be cool. Not sure what info h need 

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 27 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Looks like Goldman Sachs bought it MTGLQ has it anyone know how to get in touch with them. Anyone deal with them before 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.