How to find the mtg holder?

How to find the mtg holder?

Investor · Winston Salem · Member since 2014 · 114 posts · 26 votes

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to answer this.  I have found a property that I believe has the potential to be a good flip.  The property has been vacant for 5 years. I have found blog posts from neighbors complaining about the property, that it has been foreclosed on, is an eyesore, vacant, etc.  However, I can not find any records of which bank holds the property.  The county tax records still list the original owner who no longer lives there.  Is there a way to find this information without paying for a title search?

Thanks again

0Reply
17 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    You need to find the owner first, not the mtg holder, to get anything done.

  • Christine GlasnerPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Winston Salem · Member since 2014 · 114 posts · 26 votes
    10y

    Owner has so far been MIA

  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    10y
    Christine Glasner do a skip search on the seller, will cost $20-$30.
  • Christine GlasnerPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Winston Salem · Member since 2014 · 114 posts · 26 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the info!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.