Bank Foreclosed 45 days ago and I am still on the title

Bank Foreclosed 45 days ago and I am still on the title

Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 7 votes

I bought a condo at a HOA auction in Florida last year. This was my first time and I did not know anything about primary and secondary liens. Anyways there was a mortgage on the property. I did everything I could to save the property. The owner was living in the property and I begged her to allow me to buy the property through a short sale and she refused and would not cooperate with me at all so I had to go through the courts and legally evict her.

I spoke to a few real estate attorneys who advised me to try to rent it out to recoup my losses because there was no hope, so I did. The bank contacted the tenant and told her that because it was a reverse mortgage she as the spouse can live in the home. She stopped the foreclosure proceeding and the bank rescheduled the sale and started a loan modification (or whatever thats what she told me). The date of the sale came around and the bank tried to stop the sale again but the judge denied it and the bank bought the property at the foreclosure. A few weeks after the foreclosure the association contacted my tenant and told them to pay them rent or the association will evict them and sent me a copy of the letter.

That was almost 2 months ago. I am still listed as the property owner, I am confused and I feel like I am in limbo.

Can someone explain what is going on to me. Thank you

0Reply
17 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Princeton, TX · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Ok... let me get this straight.

    1) The HOA was foreclosing because of an HOA assessment.

    2) You "won" at the auction from the HOA.

    3) The HOA did not have first lien position.

    4)  The first lien was a reverse mortgage.

    5)  You believe the bank foreclosed on the property?

    6)  You are renting out a property that belongs to the bank because they foreclosed on it?

    To me it sounds like you forced the bank to call the loan do.  You evicted the only person that could continue you the loan because it was a reverse mortgage.

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    @MichaelBiggs

    1) Yes

    2) Yes

    3) Yes

    4) Yes

    5) The bank foreclosed on the property about 45 days ago. They received a certificate of Sale.

    6) I was advised to by real estate attorneys who told me that if the owner did not want to pay me rent then I should evict her to get some of my money back.

    To me it sounds like you forced the bank to call the loan do. (I am afraid that is exactly what happened.)

    You evicted the only person that could continue you the loan because it was a reverse mortgage. (I was only doing what I was advised)

    So do you think you know why I am still listed as the property owner and why the association is threatening a tenant, when the bank owns the home?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Suzy Angelo  can take time for the county records to catch up with new recordings could be simple as that

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    @JayHinrichs

    Thank you very much. I think you are probably right.  

  • Buy & Hold Owner · Redlands, CA · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Common issue - - the title will no be changed until there's a new buyer in place.

    Forget prop taxes as you don't have possession and the only thing the county can do is file a tax lien.

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    @J Beard

    Thank you. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.