Finding Hard Money and Private money for my first deal

Finding Hard Money and Private money for my first deal

Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 141 posts · 165 votes

How can I find hard money and private money for my first deal? Where can I find rental properties in Chicago?

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2019 · 247 posts · 101 votes
7y
Originally posted by @Brian Geiger:

How can I find hard money and private money for my first deal? Where can I find rental properties in Chicago?

Finding properties is your job (though you will likely get plenty of advice here on BP). 

When you have a likely property lined up, HMLs here in Chicago are only a phone call away. You can also drop in for a cup of tea. ;)

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bob LangworthyPro Member
    Accountant · Brunswick, ME · Member since 2017 · 352 posts · 242 votes
    7y

    For hard money, there is a directory on BP under the Network tab. You may also want to attend some BP meetups. There you may meet a hard/private money lender or investors that know lenders.

    Hope this helps,

  • Lender · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2019 · 247 posts · 101 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Brian Geiger:

    How can I find hard money and private money for my first deal? Where can I find rental properties in Chicago?

    Finding properties is your job (though you will likely get plenty of advice here on BP). 

    When you have a likely property lined up, HMLs here in Chicago are only a phone call away. You can also drop in for a cup of tea. ;)

  • Lender · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2019 · 247 posts · 101 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Brian Geiger:

    How can I find hard money and private money for my first deal? Where can I find rental properties in Chicago?

    PS. Why not come to a Chicago networking meetup such as the Chicago-Real-Estate-Investors-Meetup

    Besides all the people in Real Estate possibly enjoying a slice of Pizza you never know which devilishly handsome and witty Hard Money Lender might be there. ;)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Louisville, KY · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    These are very very vague questions. Google is your friend. Searching Bigger Pockets is also great. 

    Every person you meet is a potential private investor. Do you know anyone with some money in the bank? Talk to them about your deals.

    You can find rental properties on just about every block in the city.

    If you want to find ones for sale to purchase, they are almost all listed on the MLS.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.