Investor · Jacksonville, NC · Member since 2018 · 193 posts · 107 votes
looking for a large project for 2023, hopefully to be our first syndication (75+ units).
Would like to start connecting with commercial brokers and lenders in NC, preferably around larger MSAs (Charlotte, Raleigh, Fayetteville, Greenville) etc.
However our cohort has investors who have completed multiple syndication deals and continue to partner and play a role. As a newbie on the commercial side of the house, just looking to see where I can possibly add value and what relationships I can make on my own.
However our cohort has investors who have completed multiple syndication deals and continue to partner and play a role. As a newbie on the commercial side of the house, just looking to see where I can possibly add value and what relationships I can make on my own.
Thats fine, just understand what your weaknesses are. If you can decrease LTV, lower expectations, and still raise investor capital, then you'll be fine for a first deal. Be sure to have a strong team of vendors to guide you.