Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Joe Nguyen
  • Investor
  • VA, TX
Votes |
Investing in Tampa, Clearwater and St. Pete areas in FL?

Joe Nguyen
  • Investor
  • VA, TX
Posted Oct 30 2021, 08:03

Looking for a remote investment rental in the Tampa, Clearwater and St. Pete areas. What are some of the promising areas within these cities? I visited Tampa once in July and loved the area. Of course I think it has tremendous possibilities like it’s always been the past 20 years.

Let’s get connected?

Thank you for your inputs :)

User Stats

Votes
Marissa Miles
  • Property Manager
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Oct 30 2021, 09:00

I would love to connect and talk about some of the areas you're interested in! The Tampa Bay area can be a little strange to get the pulse of, since we literally have old small homes in the same neighborhoods as McMansion style homes. You're definitely going to want some boots on the ground who are familiar with the area. It's beautiful here and I count myself lucky to have lived here my whole life! :)

User Stats

Votes
Charles Carillo
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • North Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • North Palm Beach, FL
Replied Nov 2 2021, 12:28

@Joe Nguyen

We are rental property investors in Tampa; feel free to DM me and we can get on a call.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jorge Vazquez
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Nov 2 2021, 17:51

Investing in Tampa for 20 years... Tampa has a lot going for it right now, including a real estate market on flame even when some U.S. Cities are running out of market fuel due to drenched inventory and declining home sales prices. Here are the three upcoming neighborhoods in Tampa, Florida, where you should be investing in rentals today. 

The best areas where you can still find deals. 

The first is University Square, high in diversity low in cost of living, and it is ideal for new families and young students that are just getting started. Also, the proximity to Busch gardens makes it very attractive for your next tenant. 

Number two is Tampa Heights, south of the university and slightly north of downtown; this old neighborhood of Tampa Heights is attracting more people than ever. So many developers have been welcomed by small businesses and residents that are now moving to the area, making it ideal for rental properties. 

Number three is Ybor City. Ybor has been up and coming for years, so much to do around great Cuban food, trolleys, new bars. The area continues to draw all kinds of people, including people willing to live there and be part of the cool part of Tampa.

• Broker Florida (#SL3334101)

Graystone Investment Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Michelle Reid
Pro Member
  • MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • MA
Replied Feb 12 2022, 18:42

@Jorge Vazquez thanks for the info. How difficult is it to find a builder for upgrades lately with the boom in Tampa?

User Stats

Votes
Dillon Cook
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Tampa|St Pete|Lakeland
Votes |
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Tampa|St Pete|Lakeland
Replied Feb 14 2022, 08:47
Quote from @Joe Nguyen:

Looking for a remote investment rental in the Tampa, Clearwater and St. Pete areas. What are some of the promising areas within these cities? I visited Tampa once in July and loved the area. Of course I think it has tremendous possibilities like it’s always been the past 20 years.

Still looking? Locations depend on size of investment. SFH or multi?

User Stats

Votes
Joe Nguyen
  • Investor
  • VA, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • VA, TX
Replied Jun 17 2022, 19:14

@Jorge Vazquez Thank you so much for the info. I’m now just able to access my account again. These are definitely still valuable information regardless of market conditions.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Plante
  • Deland, FL
Votes |
  • Deland, FL
Replied Jun 18 2022, 04:08
Quote from @Joe Nguyen:

Let’s get connected?

I don’t know if this is true or not 
just read thee Tampa/st Pete area is good m of the top 10 most over priced areas in the US

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 10 2024, 17:15
Quote from @Joe Nguyen:

Let’s get connected?

Hey Joe,

I'm happy you posted! Haven't seen your name before so It's always good to meet fresh faces. I would love to work with you on some of these, my team and I are doing around 5 contracts a week; from Demo/New Build to Rentals to Commercial Mix Use & Induatrial.

please let me know if you wouldn't be opposed to connecting! If so - please fee free to shoot me a dm with your email & contact so we can get the ball rolling.

Cheers to the success to come!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 10 2024, 17:16
Quote from @Charles Carillo:

@Joe Nguyen

We are rental property investors in Tampa; feel free to DM me and we can get on a call.

Hey Charles - would love to work with you as well!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 10 2024, 17:17
Quote from @Dillon Cook:
Quote from @Joe Nguyen:

Still looking? Locations depend on size of investment. SFH or multi?

Hey man, interested in having a chat? Would love to see if we could mesh together in one way or another. Cheers!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 10 2024, 17:20
Quote from @Michelle Reid:

@Jorge Vazquez thanks for the info. How difficult is it to find a builder for upgrades lately with the boom in Tampa?

Michelle - great question. I'm really curious to hear the answer as well. I have some people in my network that I can contact to help you out if you'd find it helpful! 

Let me know!