Buying 2 Durham/ Raleigh SFH under $250K with 1031

Buying 2 Durham/ Raleigh SFH under $250K with 1031

Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 179 posts · 42 votes

Hello All,

I am visiting Raleigh/Durham area at the end of this month to drive through the neighborhoods and look at the properties for buying at least one or two SFH under $250k in 1031 exchange. I am especially interested in Durham area. This is an investment property so I am looking for areas with potential upside and some decent cash flow of $300. Can you please let me know which neighborhoods to check out in Durham area?

Also, I am looking to connect with a investment friendly realtor in these areas. Someone who owns investment properties in these areas, quickly run the numbers , guide me through the neighborhoods. Please feel free to message and connect. 

0Reply
8 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 301 posts · 80 votes
    5y

    Hey @Chai Jonn.  I'll have a chat with my contacts, and give you an update.

    Cheers.

  • Investor · Durham NC (and Brenham, TX) · Member since 2018 · 301 posts · 197 votes
    5y

    @Chai Jonn, due to the hot seller's market it's going to be really difficult to find something that will cash flow in any neighborhood, especially with the additional restriction of the 1031 time window.  You may wish to reach out to some wholesalers as well to increase your chances.  There are lots of investor agents and wholesalers on here so hopefully they chime in, or you can try searching for them.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.