Foreigner buying a single family with cash

Foreigner buying a single family with cash

Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hello everybody,
My name is Franz and I'm from Iceland, I want to buy a single family house in Houston, TX for $200k, does anyone have any experience with foreigners buying real estate in the US? I realized that I would get more ROI through buying a single family house in Houston with cash than a single family in Iceland, similar houses in Iceland are going for $800k and you have to have a down payment of $325k and monthly payments of $2250 and rents for $2150 if I'm lucky.

Best regards

1Reply
21 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Reykjavík, Iceland · Member since 2019 · 49 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    How much rent will you get for the $200k house in Houston? 

  • Member since 2021 · 134 posts · 46 votes
    5y

    @Franz Isak Bergmann Ingolfsson That’s crazy how much you have to put down in Iceland, I didn’t realize it was so high! Is this your first overseas investment property? are you looking to have the $200k be the overall costs or any additional financing?

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Jónas Tryggvi Stefánsson ca. 216000kr, síðan setja til hliðar fyrir viðgerðum, skatt og fleira

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Andreis Bergeron somewhere around $200k in total max $225k, but it all depends on the amount of rent I get for an apartment and if I can increse the value of the apartment or not.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.