Good Deal, Bad deal or who knows....

Good Deal, Bad deal or who knows....

Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 2 votes

Hello Friends

So this is how I feel when I try to get a property and I see someone buying at a price that does not make sense based on numbers. One thing I know is on me which is I am new. But I have been studying and I tried for multiple properties and did not get any. For example one just today, sold for 109K and wholesaler had a bottom price/start price of 89K. Rehab was at least 50K( as per multiple contractors, my contractor even quoted 90K, but other GCs on the spot said 50K) so I offered 92K. ARV is around 180K. There were multiple offers over 105K. So this is my though process is about what happens, and I like any and all opinions and I hope to learn from the experts/more experienced flippers.

1. If someone buys to rent it their expenses go much lower so they can offer a higher price (though this one was bought for flip)

2. Some more experienced rehabbers can get the reno done for less.( Most likely scenario) and some may be able to save on agent's commission.

3. Someone buys without working out exact numbers. (seems unlikely)

besides this home in the past my bid was beat on homes by 10K or even more.

So I just seek opinions and advise if you can spare few minutes from your valuable time.

Thanks in advance.

0Reply
25 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · TN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Some people can do the work more in house and not have to pay a GC.  They can sub out themselves on what they do not do.  

    Some rehabbers do a really bad job and just put the paint on the pig and sell.  

    The rehab may be for a personal property for themselves.  Owners will pay higher.

    Or it may be a rental and they are not rehabbed to high end and can pay higher too.

    Or if its a small market, they may be overpaying to teach you a lesson to go away.  That is how newbies are ran off in some areas.

  • Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Hello Lynette 

    I agree with what you said except the part where you mentioned that in some areas they pay more to get the newbies out. That is interesting to me. Any experience you had like that. 

  • Rental Property Investor · TN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Sunil Dudeja:

    Hello Lynette 

    I agree with what you said except the part where you mentioned that in some areas they pay more to get the newbies out. That is interesting to me. Any experience you had like that. 

     Absolutely!  They call it a new comer price.  They try to get you to bid well over what something is worth so you do not see it as profitable and stop going to the auctions.  They are willing to overpay if the new comer stops bidding.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.