How can you verify if a seller finance is legit?

How can you verify if a seller finance is legit?

Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes

I found a investor that sells notes but he is willing to seller finance with a amortization calendar. How can you verify if he is real?

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/Agent/Entrepreneur · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 464 posts · 564 votes
    5y

    Do a zoom call. Driver's license. Web search of him, his business, asset, etc. 

    Are you more weary of him, the individual, the validity of the note he is selling, terms, or the actual asset behind the note?

  • Member since 2020 · 217 posts · 167 votes
    5y
    Is he selling a note with seller financing? Doesn't make sense, unless he's selling a partial but you wouldn't call it seller financing.

    If it's a home and the numbers work, go for it. If he's an intelligent investor, he may be reluctant to give you personal info, other that perhap DL and introducing himself. I'd certainly not divulge my assets to ANYONE.

    I do a fair amount of seller financing.... as a buyer and as a seller. I've never once been asked for ANY identification ever. And I've never had a bad deal or a pixx off customer. Yes, I"ve passed on a few, they all don't work.

    Talk to the guy, get to know him, look at the property, look at the numbers. If you're uncomfortable with him, pass, regardless if it's good or not. There ARE people out there that you just don't want to deal with.

    However, he could be a great guy that you might end up doing several deals with him, so check it out.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.