Any advice to someone who's spent thousands on a guru scam?

Any advice to someone who's spent thousands on a guru scam?

Member since 2020 路 2 posts 路 0 votes

Hello, new to Bigger Pockets. Didn't know about Bigger Pockets unfortunately until after I shelled out large sums of money to register for a real estate investing scam. I signed up for it last year and I still have not bought or sold any homes yet despite watching the training videos, speaking with mentors, buying an LLC, setting up a website, learning google ads, etc... not sure if I should keep trying with this program or quit and try something else. After paying the large registration price last year (yep, on credit so I never had the cash to begin with therefore I'm paying very high interest on my credit card bill), they also said I had to pay a monthly amount to be able to talk to mentors which I'm still paying now. It's really upsetting and I'm not sure if I'll be successful if I stick with it or not.

Any advice? Do I stay with this program and keep at it or just give up?

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Real estate investor 路 Pasadena, MD 路 Member since 2016 路 165 posts 路 258 votes
6y

How about start applying what you have learned. You should have learned enough now from the programs to get you started down whichever path you want to go. Wholesaling,flipping,rentals,etc.

Time to take the next step and start using the education that you have. Find your local REIA's and Meet Ups and begin attending as soon as they open back up. Many of them are meeting on line during COVID.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real estate investor 路 Pasadena, MD 路 Member since 2016 路 165 posts 路 258 votes
    6y

    How about start applying what you have learned. You should have learned enough now from the programs to get you started down whichever path you want to go. Wholesaling,flipping,rentals,etc.

    Time to take the next step and start using the education that you have. Find your local REIA's and Meet Ups and begin attending as soon as they open back up. Many of them are meeting on line during COVID.

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor 路 San Antonio 路 Member since 2020 路 3k+ posts 路 3k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @David Wandel:

    How about start applying what you have learned. You should have learned enough now from the programs to get you started down whichever path you want to go. Wholesaling,flipping,rentals,etc.

    Time to take the next step and start using the education that you have. Find your local REIA's and Meet Ups and begin attending as soon as they open back up. Many of them are meeting on line during COVID.

     What a great idea.馃

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor 路 San Antonio 路 Member since 2020 路 3k+ posts 路 3k+ votes
    6y

    You have to do more than talk to mentors and listen to training. If you are not making contact with sellers and offering to work a deal then you are missing the boat. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.