Direct Lead but Past Due on Mortgage for 1-1/2 yrs

Direct Lead but Past Due on Mortgage for 1-1/2 yrs

Rental Property Investor · Worcester, MA · Member since 2013 · 137 posts · 36 votes

I have a lead on a property that the owner walked away from, I did not realize it at the time but wish I did because I would have bought it right then from them. However I found out about 1 year to 1-1/2 years since they stopped paying their mortgage. They claim its already foreclosed but there are no court cases and the public record still shows them as the owner.

So my question is: They still have a mortgage balance with a crazy amount of past interest due. Anyone had luck negotiating with the bank for less than the full mortgage amount? Maybe ask to get rid of the past interest due? And how would i go about talking to the bank about something like this since I am not the owner? 

Thanks!

0Reply
36 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y

    Unless you go through the short sale route, there will be no discounts or waiving of fees. Anything is going to require owner cooperation. The bank will/can not talk to you without the borrower permission. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.