Up and coming areas near Nashville

Up and coming areas near Nashville

Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 7 votes

Hi all!

I have been planning on implementing the BRRRR strategy for some time now and am ready to get more serious in my search. I live in Nashville and was planning on investing in some more affordable markets ie Chattanooga or Birmingham, but I have recently gotten access to additional capital and am now considering doing my first renovation project closer to home.

I am fairly familiar with the Class A neighborhoods around downtown, but considering my budget, I wanted to poll the group and see what people's thoughts were for up and coming neighborhoods/suburbs near Nashville.  My all in budget, purchase price plus renovations, would be around $250k.

I believe that Nashville will continue to expand over the next 10-15 years, which areas do you see as probable for expansion and development over that time frame?  I am interested in neighborhoods near downtown, for example Bordeaux and Woodbine, or suburbs within 30-45 minutes of Nashville.  


I'm interested to hear the group's thoughts!  Thanks in advance!

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 13 votes
6y

@Christine Sparks Maury County is good! There are definitely some areas I’d stay away from though. West Columbia I would definitely recommend.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    Hey Travers!

    You have a pretty good strategy and there are plenty of markets in close proximity to Nashville that you can begin your investment journey. Some areas I would really focus on are Wilson County, Williamson County, and even some areas of Clarksville! I know the areas and opportunities like the back of my hand, so feel free to reach out if you would like any help! I look forward to hearing about your decision on where to begin and the successes it brings you.

    Destiny

  • Real Estate Consultant · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2017 · 114 posts · 46 votes
    6y

    @Chris Sparrow Thought you may be interested in following this thread :)

  • Member since 2019 · 67 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Mallie M.  Thank you so much Mallie!  I am interested and following.  

    @Travers Xanthos Great questions and ones that I'm definitely interested in hearing the answer to.  I live in Los Angeles, but plan to invest in the Nashville area too.  Good luck!

    @Destiny Bullington Noting your suggestions---thank you!  What are your thoughts on Maury County?  


  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Christine Sparks Maury County is good! There are definitely some areas I’d stay away from though. West Columbia I would definitely recommend.

  • Member since 2019 · 67 posts · 11 votes
    6y
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    Don't mind me, I am here for the information as well. OOS looking for a landing spot to invest in TN as well. Good Luck to everyone! 

  • David GoodmanBusiness Member
    Realtor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 172 posts · 92 votes
    6y

    Hey Travers - I work with a broker and property management company in the Woodbine, south Nashville, and Bordeaux areas. Opportunities in your price range do pop up from time to time. Let me know if I can do anything to assist.

  • Attorney · Nashville, TN · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    I recently moved to TN from Seattle. Currently staying down in Spring Hill until I find something permanent in Nashville. I've had to run down to Columbia a few times for some government work. I noticed Columbia has a real cool, old downtown with a ton of potential, a lot of new subdivisions currently being built. I think Columbia has some potential. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2020 · 758 posts · 285 votes
    6y

    Nice strategy. I'm from Memphis, TN. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.