Rental Property Investor · Columbus OH (columbus, oh) · Member since 2020 · 143 posts · 71 votes
There’s a property I was interested in. Before I can make an offer it was put under contract by an out-of-state investor. After having an inspection done and receiving the report the out-of-state investor walk from the deal. Before inconvenience the tenants or my realtor with a walk-through I am curious if in cases like this it’s reasonable and possible for me to somehow get a copy of that inspection report. It seems like seeing that would answer a lot of questions for me now before doing a walk-through putting everybody to all that troubleAnd then get in my own inspection report which will probably reveal the exact same things.
@Curt Bixel You can ask the realtor why the previous deal fell through, but they may not tell you. The inspection report belongs to the person who put in the offer and they are under no obligation to share it with the seller.