COBALT STEELE, LLC/ANTHONY LEE = INSURANCE SCAM!!!! STAY FAR AWAY

COBALT STEELE, LLC/ANTHONY LEE = INSURANCE SCAM!!!! STAY FAR AWAY

Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2016 · 860 posts · 324 votes

Scam company. Committing fraud by taking money from clients (myself included) and not paying the insurance companies resulting in cancelled policies, unreturned premiums and uninsured clients. Anthony Lee - The Owner will likely end up in jail soon for banking/insurance fraud.

I wrote many policies with this company in 2019 for flips/rentals with 25% earned premium, cancelled the policies after the properties were sold and never received refunds. The stopped returning my calls or emails. I suspected fraud and have now confirmed it. 

1Reply
115 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
6y

@Mayer M. What !!!! You got fake certificates for policies that he never actually issued ? So you paid a premium thinking you were insured and you never had insurance at all? Were you able to prove this - asking because that is 100%...insurance fraud. 

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2016 · 860 posts · 324 votes
    6y

    @Mayer M.

    @Anthony Lee

    in case you care

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Mayer M. - All of the listed employees emails bounce back. It's a facade and fraud.

  • Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2016 · 860 posts · 324 votes
    6y

    @Louis Artonov

    Yep. Had about a dozen policies with them. From what I understand insurance carriers are on top of it and the FBI and NJ division of banking and insurance fraud is involved.

    He’s going to rot!!!

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Mayer M. Really? How would I be able to read up on this? What actually happened with you ?

  • Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2016 · 860 posts · 324 votes
    6y

    @Louis Artonov

    Had cancelled policies I never received refunds for, had paid for policies and received certificates only to find out they were never actually bound, etc. basically it appears he was taking money for the policies and never paying the insurance companies and/or never binding coverage

    Had a long talk with one of the carriers yesterday

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Mayer M. What !!!! You got fake certificates for policies that he never actually issued ? So you paid a premium thinking you were insured and you never had insurance at all? Were you able to prove this - asking because that is 100%...insurance fraud. 

  • Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2016 · 860 posts · 324 votes
    6y

    @Louis Artonov

    I have provided all the documentation to the appropriate parties.

  • Professional · Parsippany, NJ · Member since 2013 · 384 posts · 262 votes
    6y

    I was completely scammed by this piece of garbage. He is in big trouble from what I hear

  • Professional · Parsippany, NJ · Member since 2013 · 384 posts · 262 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Mayer M.:

    @Louis Artonov

    Had cancelled policies I never received refunds for, had paid for policies and received certificates only to find out they were never actually bound, etc. basically it appears he was taking money for the policies and never paying the insurance companies and/or never binding coverage

    Had a long talk with one of the carriers yesterday

    This same thing just HAPPENED TO ME!!! He provided false documents. Kid is a complete scam in addition he never returned my cancellations. He NEVER bound the insurance as he was keeping the money. He is gonna end up in jail, hopefully soon

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2012 · 104 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    Has anyone filed charges against him and/or contacted the state insurance fraud dept.?

    Mayer M...may I ask how you confirmed the fraud?

    Have worked with this guy for a couple of years and must say had my share of issues with him, but gave him the benefit of the doubt...never again.

  • Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2016 · 860 posts · 324 votes
    6y

    @Amy C.

    Confirmed the fraud with the insurance companies. Do not renew any policies with him and call the insurance providers to make sure your policies are actually valid

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2012 · 104 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    Thank you very much!

  • Rental Property Investor · Harts, WV · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Same here, me and my clients.

  • Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2016 · 860 posts · 324 votes
    6y

    @Or Laor Stern

    Sorry to hear. Hopefully there were no property claims that would be much worse

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    I’m going through the exact same issue with him right now. I will be calling the NJ department of banking and insurance as well as filling a civil suit. What a headache but screw this guy. If everyone has documentation of his actions hopefully we can have him thrown in jail! Let me know if anyone is interested.

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    One of my investors in Florida was scammed too.  So sorry to hear.  Here's a link to his Florida profile which clearly shows he holds no active property license here. 

    https://licenseesearch.fldfs.c...

    Invalid Licenses

    TypeIssue DateStatus
    NONRES GEN LINES (PROP & CAS) (0920)10/31/2016INVALID
  • Investor · greater Boston and greater Tampa areas · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    OMG. I had a policy with him for 2 years. This year when we renewed, we went thru an attorney as it is a joint venture property. He took our money (down payment) now our policy is canceled. He did not return my call or email. When the attorney's secretary emailed him to see where the money went (we only recently found out about this and the policy was supposed to be renewed in April) He did not send in the money that my attorney wired him earlier this year resulting in our policy cancellation. Now I look bad because it was an agency that I gave my attorney. I really don't know what to do. And it is a lot of money for this property. He did however get us the coverage for previous years because I have received letters from insurance companies asking us to remove moss on roof one time and repair a loose cap (maybe some kind of vent cap or chimney cap) another time. I wonder what happened to him this year.

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    @Mayer M. He got me too! Any update on his status? I’d like to pay him a visit!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.