Anyone glad they sold a property last couple years?

Anyone glad they sold a property last couple years?

Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

I sold my most expensive house for about 3/4 million. It was a primary residence. I made a mint off appreciation in the two years I owned it and got out, anticipating the demand for higher end housing to drop after tax law changes and economic shifts. So here I am, having recently been laid off from a primary job (I have 2 full time tech jobs) and am not only SUPER glad I don't have that 3K a month mortgage to deal with (that said I am making the same from my one job now that I was when I lived there, it was only after I sold it that I picked up the second job but you'd be amazed how you get used to having a 30K a month gross W2 income, even with one job loss it still feels like you have none despite having a second...) and am living in a house that costs me less than 1K a month mortgage wise AND...that house that I sold has barely moved in value at all since I sold it. Whereas I was making 120K a year in appreciation, it has barely moved 20K since I sold it...

0Reply
1 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.