Investing in other cities and states with BRRR strategy

Investing in other cities and states with BRRR strategy

Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 11 votes

A friend of mine told me about his investment strategy with paying all cash on SFRs and then slightly renovating and then doing a cash
out refinance.  Rinse and repeat.  You get your down back and invest in another home.  I realized that I
been doing it wrong with a traditional 20% down in areas on the west coast, which is typically more expensive albeit higher rents.  It’s just not as fast as buying a house for $150k cash, then getting your down payment money back after doing the cash refi.  Once I get a better idea of where to start, I can interview properly mgmt companies and realtors to start the journey.  Does anyone have suggestions on which cities and states would be decent with a price range of $150k or less?  Hoping rents can get at least 1% or $1500+ per month.  We chatted about Baltimore MD as a start but I know nothing about the area.  Any suggestions on any other areas would be great.  Thanks

0Reply
4 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.