Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Marshall Mothershead
  • Wholesaler
  • Bentonville, AR
Votes |
Who uses Hudhomestore.com?

Marshall Mothershead
  • Wholesaler
  • Bentonville, AR
Posted Jun 1 2019, 19:14

Actually just found out about Hudhomestore.com. I'm not sure what the criteria is for a property to be listed on the site (looks like it's simply an REO listing site). Question is, why would it only show 20 listings for the entire state of Arkansas? I know for a fact there's way more REO's than that within 5 miles of me. What am I missing?

User Stats

Votes
Ray Fisher
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Higginson, AR
Votes |
  • Higginson, AR
Replied Jun 1 2019, 20:36

HI Marshal,

Hud home store is just one of many foreclosure sites, We started there many years ago, bought a lot early from there. Today cant find many that meet my criteria on there. Now everyone seems to use it , have to wait 15 days before investors buy and it has become a bidding war. I looking for a investment, not a reason for bankruptcy.

about every lender, mortage company, etc ..has a reo division, most of the deal are made before they ever reach the hud  reo market.

User Stats

Votes
Lynnette E.
  • Tennessee
Votes |
  • Tennessee
Replied Jun 1 2019, 20:39

They are not just REO. Those are owned by HUD itself. HUD will decide how to market an asset they acquire. Sometimes they choose that pathway. I think that often it is to allow the officer next door, etc. programs to have homes to choose from.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Marshall Mothershead
  • Wholesaler
  • Bentonville, AR
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Bentonville, AR
Replied Jun 1 2019, 20:57

@Ray Fisher

Higginson AR!?! I used to work around that area a lot a few years ago, small world... so it appears the hudhomestore isn’t the cherry picking goldmine I thought it would be.. bummer

User Stats

Votes
Marshall Mothershead
  • Wholesaler
  • Bentonville, AR
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Bentonville, AR
Replied Jun 1 2019, 21:00

@Lynnette E.

That makes sense. Forgive my ignorance. I just happened to see a video somewhere of someone searching their COUNTY on the site and came up with over 500 results, then I searched my STATE and produced 20. I should have known it would be too good to be true.

By the way, what part of TN are you in?

User Stats

Votes
Lynnette E.
  • Tennessee
Votes |
  • Tennessee
Replied Jun 1 2019, 22:21

@Marshall Mothershead I am in Crossville TN, Cumberland County, Middle TN, but right on the edge of Eastern TN.

User Stats

Votes
Greg H.
Pro Member
  • Broker/Flipper
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Broker/Flipper
  • Austin, TX
ModeratorReplied Jun 2 2019, 07:59

Hud Homestore is the official site for all FHA foreclosures own by the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development(HUD). All active HUD homes will be listed on this site and an HUD approved agent is required to make offers

User Stats

Votes
Elbert D.
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Entrepreneur / Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Entrepreneur / Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Jun 2 2019, 09:41

HUD is such a pain to deal with at times. Not only does the 15 day window exist for owner occupied people...they also require EMD within 48 hours .Or your offer is rejected. So you have 48 hours to do all your D.D. and thats if your offer is accepted. Me personally what I noticed now HUD overprice these properties knowing someone will put a offer on it. If its in a very desirable area they are pretty much licking their chops knowing there will be high demand for it and someone is going be paying more than the asking price. Thats with the asking price being overpriced...

I once went to a HUD property in Chicago suburbs and I seen it needed 75k in rehab and the listing price was 99k. The comps also didnt come back very well on it....but hey....if you can manage to find a good property on HUD after all D.D. is done and it appears to be a good deal go for it.