Votes
Sean Li
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Delinquent Tax List San Antonio Bexar County

Sean Li
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted May 1 2019, 14:45

I am thinking about requesting the delinquent tax list from Bexar County Tax Office (or its appraisal district). Anyone has experience obtaining the list? 

• Where or who should I request it from?
  • How much does each item cost? 
  • Does the list work well here in San Antonio?
  • How about the code violation list?

Thanks,

Sean

User Stats

Votes
Matt Sandidge
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 2 2019, 09:37

Sean

Bexar County's (along with several other TX counties) list can be found here:  http://taxsales.lgbs.com/

You can also go to Linebarger's offices downtown and purchase a paper copy of the list for $5 cash.  It will sometimes give you a little extra info regarding other liens that may be attached to the property.

I think a lot of your questions can be answered under their FAQ (http://taxsales.lgbs.com/faqs?state=texas)

How much a property sells for varies from property to property and month to month.  There is a minimum bid amount that is set for each property based on the past due taxes and attorney's fees.  There can be deals to be had from time to time - you just need to do a lot of due diligence.

Go downtown next Tuesday and check it out.  It's an interesting experience.

I am not sure on the current process for code violations list as it's been about 10 years since I last requested it.  Please post here or DM me if you have any luck.

User Stats

Votes
Rick Pozos
  • Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 2 2019, 09:55

I think @Sean Li is looking for properties that are behind, but not yet going to the tax sale.

I have done the list here and there. These days, there are lots more options for people. Lots of tax loan companies are marketing to them also. They will give a loan to just about anybody so there is not so big of a motivation for the homeowner to sell.

With that said, I still buy a few here and there. It should be one of many ways that you are trying to find deals, not the only way. Tax assessor-collector is the place to get the list. They sell it on a CD. It has a funky format. You do have to play with it quite a bit.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Sean Li
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 2 2019, 15:17

@Matt Sandidge

I really appreciate your detailed interpretation. Due diligence is my favorite work, though I sometimes may spent excessive amount time on it. I will let you know how the code violation list goes.

@Rick Pozos

Thank you rick. Yes, I am aiming at the stressed sellers before it gets to the auction, hoping to stay away from fierce competition and the game I have no experience with. I am also trying driving for dollar as another resources of leads. I subscribed your blog weeks early and will make to your monthly meeting.

User Stats

Votes
Sean Li
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Dec 29 2019, 04:33

@Rick Pozos Do you mind recommending an investor friendly escrow company in town? -Thanks and Happy Holiday

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 30 2020, 10:10

Sean: I tried to put my friend Lori Kaspar here, but it would not let me. Apparently I cannot send phone numbers or email address. I've been working with Lori for over 10 years plus she is my friend. She closes my loans for me. she is off of 3009 in Schertz at First American

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 7 2020, 17:04

Great info @Kelli O'Connor!! I'm looking for an investor friendly title company as well, so could I give her a call?

User Stats

Votes
Diya Shenme
  • Handyman
Votes |
  • Handyman
Replied Jan 30 2023, 08:12
Quote from @Matt Sandidge:

Sean

Bexar County's (along with several other TX counties) list can be found here:  http://taxsales.lgbs.com/

You can also go to Linebarger's offices downtown and purchase a paper copy of the list for $5 cash.  It will sometimes give you a little extra info regarding other liens that may be attached to the property.

I think a lot of your questions can be answered under their FAQ (http://taxsales.lgbs.com/faqs?state=texas)

How much a property sells for varies from property to property and month to month.  There is a minimum bid amount that is set for each property based on the past due taxes and attorney's fees.  There can be deals to be had from time to time - you just need to do a lot of due diligence.

Go downtown next Tuesday and check it out.  It's an interesting experience.

I am not sure on the current process for code violations list as it's been about 10 years since I last requested it.  Please post here or DM me if you have any luck.

Hello! Do you know where to find the tax delinquent land list? thank you

User Stats

Votes
Matt Sandidge
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Jan 30 2023, 08:37

Houses and land are all on the same list.  You just have to check the appraisal district site and see if there is a house on it or not.

User Stats

Votes
Dorothy C.
Pro Member
  • Spring Branch, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Spring Branch, TX
Replied Sep 2 2023, 09:39

311 has a map of code violations but not real easy to use. Here's a link.

https://311.sanantonio.gov/recent-requests