Votes
Deepak Kumar
  • California
Votes |
How is Leesburg Florida to Invest in Real Estate

Deepak Kumar
  • California
Posted Apr 29 2019, 16:45

The city seems small but population seems to be growing over time. Any one has experience or opinion on investing in Leesburg Florida?

Thanks much!

User Stats

Votes
Jason D.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • St. Petersburg, Fl
Votes |
  • St. Petersburg, Fl
Replied Apr 29 2019, 17:11

@Deepak Kumar dont know about investing there, but I do know it's a very low income area with fairly high crime. Probably good for cashflow, but I wouldn't expect much appreciation in that area.

It's too far away from any major city to grow much

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Reed
  • Clermont, FL
Votes |
  • Clermont, FL
Replied May 4 2019, 08:43

Hey @Deepak Kumar - @Jason D. is right that it's a low income area and crime is higher than some of the surrounding areas. That being said, there is a lot of potential because as Disney employees continue to move into Lake County, that area will grow. The jobs situation isn't great there at this point. No major industries operating out of Leesburg haha. But truly, as Central Florida grows and Disney/Universal/SeaWorld continue to expand, I believe Leesburg will be one of those areas that will see some growth. Not as much as Clermont/Minneola/Groveland. But property prices are already high and/or on the rise in those 3 cities.

Of course it all depends on your strategy and what kind of properties you're looking for. But I do know several people building RE businesses in Leesburg and finding success.

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.