What are the best ways to finance

What are the best ways to finance

Investor · Jonesboro, AR · Member since 2018 · 118 posts · 35 votes

I’m about to graduate college so I don’t have much capitol. What are the best ways to get financed to buy my first rental property

0Reply
7 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2018 · 84 posts · 140 votes
    7y

    I wish I could go back in time and be in your shoes... I would definitely suggest house-hacking a duplex with an FHA loan. You'll need to scrape up 3% of the loan amount, but that is definitely doable if you have become accustomed to the poor college student lifestyle! Buy something distressed and fix it up yourself if you are handy, or want to learn. Best of luck!

  • Investor · Jonesboro, AR · Member since 2018 · 118 posts · 35 votes
    7y

    @Robert Shedden thank you man

  • Contractor · Sturgis, SD · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    @Justin Lee Taylor I am in the process of closing on a house hack, will convert to an over/under duplex. Also newly out of college. Depending on your income and state, you may qualify for a grant (I qualify for a grant that covers the 3% down payment). Best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.