Anyone recommend a quiet title lawyer in California?

Anyone recommend a quiet title lawyer in California?

Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes

hi i am purchasing land from a business and the other person on the deed is a person who is passed away. The business owns 75% and the dead person owns 25%. I was told i need to do a quiet title to get clear title. i need help from a real estate lawyer. The property is located in lassen county california. The property (land) is only $5000 which is a really good deal

thanks

victor

0Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 743 votes
7y

Maybe @Shannon Wright can recommend a real estate lawyer for you in Lassen county to perform a quiet title action..

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 743 votes
    7y

    Maybe @Shannon Wright can recommend a real estate lawyer for you in Lassen county to perform a quiet title action..

  • Escrow Officer · Temecula, Ca. · Member since 2016 · 418 posts · 152 votes
    7y

    You (the seller/deceased party's heirs) actually need to probate the 25% ownership of the deceased party. Depending on the value of the property, you may be able to get it done with an Affidavit of Small Estate, which is only like 30-ish days to complete, instead of a full probate process. You cannot quiet title around deceased party ownership.

  • Escrow Officer · Temecula, Ca. · Member since 2016 · 418 posts · 152 votes
    7y
  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Hi Shannon,

    could you inform me the name of lawyers who does quiet title action in California because I have bought a properties at county tax sale and need the quiet title done before I could buy the title insurance? thank you for your advice.

  • Specialist · Winter Springs, FL · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 747 votes
    4y

    I highly recommend David Boss, Dan Salas or Bobby Ashrafi at Dillon, Miller.  I've retained them to represent insureds for various title underwriters I've worked for.  If you speak with them, let them know I said hi.  

    Dillon, Miller, Ahuja & Boss LLP | Business & Real Estate Law in California (dmablaw.com)

  • Virtual Assistant · Alhambra, CA · Member since 2015 · 92 posts · 16 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Pargat Sing:

    Hi Shannon,

    could you inform me the name of lawyers who does quiet title action in California because I have bought a properties at county tax sale and need the quiet title done before I could buy the title insurance? thank you for your advice.


     Here a California : 4590 MacArthur Boulevard, Suite #210 Newport Beach CA 92660

    Tax Title Services

    (949) 835-3963
  • Member since 2022 · 241 posts · 62 votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Victor Fernandez:

    hi i am purchasing land from a business and the other person on the deed is a person who is passed away. The business owns 75% and the dead person owns 25%. I was told i need to do a quiet title to get clear title. i need help from a real estate lawyer. The property is located in lassen county california. The property (land) is only $5000 which is a really good deal

    thanks

    victor

    I have a similar situation, what did you end up doing, probate or quite title?
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.