Financial Advisor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 2 votes
Hi
I’m interested in potentially buy a property to rent out in the Tampa region. Budget $100-300k. I would like to rent it out and as I am out of state I probably would prefer not to have to do too many renovations, if possible. I would be open to a renovation down the line as I get to know contractors etc in the area.
So my question is this. Is it possible to find properties in this range and area that could still yield positive cash flow when rented given the market strength.
What are your overall views of the Tampa market? Any areas in particular you would advise to focus my search on.
And if not plausible in Tampa, please fee
Free to suggest any other interesting markets on or accessible to being east coast based.
St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2015 · 317 posts · 71 votes
7y
If you're trying to buy for $100-150K in Tampa, then It will be in D/C areas. 150-250 C/B areas. It's possible but hard and probably harder out of state unless you have boots on the ground
Rental Property Investor · Odessa, FL · Member since 2017 · 145 posts · 113 votes
7y
Don't be alarmed about the D/C areas in Tampa. They make the best cash flow and appreciation. With the right property management company you can secure a decent income.
Flipper/Rehabber · FL · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 2 votes
7y
@David - wondering if you have recommendations for good property managers. I'm looking to relocate to the area and would like to work with a good PM firm.
Financial Advisor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 2 votes
7y
@Tim Kaminski Hi Tim, what areas do you consider D/C and which ones do you consider B/C? And which are generating better opportunities at the moment? I could go up in budget if it makes sense