Finding Property History

Finding Property History

Wilsonville, OR · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 1 vote

Good morning everyone!

I am having difficulty finding prior sold prices on properties.  The history of the sales.  Normally I can find this on Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, etc.  But, for the state of Idaho, it seems like there isn't good information or it isn't provided at all.  I have tried looking at the assessors pages, but they give tax history, who owns the property, etc, but not previous sales information.  

Does any of you know where I might be able to acquire that information?  I have spoken to a realtor who is in the area and they said they can access SOME of the previous sold histories, but I do not want to bother him for that information on every lead/property he sends me.  I would rather have that information myself to peruse while I am analyzing the property.

I would gratefully appreciate any thoughts, information, or assistance.

Have a wonderful day!

Health, Happiness & Blessings!

Jami

0Reply
15 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Westfield, NJ · Member since 2018 · 111 posts · 84 votes
    7y

    @Jami Krietzman the best way is through the MLS of course. The other way is to search tax records if your state,county has it online. those usually go back at least 5 years. You may be able to search at your county clerk's office, because any change in ownership and mortgage recordings would be on file there. hope that helps!

  • Wilsonville, OR · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks Tahra! My main problem is I do not have access to the MLS except through a realtor. I have been looking on the county assessors which shows tax records and they do not show purchase prices. I will however try the county clerk's office and see if I can obtain that information.

    You ROCK!  Thank you!

    Health, Happiness & Blessings!

    Jami

  • Real Estate Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 16 votes
    7y

    Hi Jami,

    Idaho is a non-disclosure state, which means that sales information doesn't have to be recorded anywhere and usually isn't. You can find sales prices for properties that have sold on the MLS through a realtor, though. Good luck!

  • Wilsonville, OR · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks Tricia!

    I was wondering if it was something like that!  Thank you for clarifying that for me.  You are awesome!

    Have a great day!

    Health, Happiness & Blessings!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.