Hickory Hills, IL · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 7 votes
Would be nice to have a post that has a good list of great contractors in the chicagoland area. Lets share contact info for great contractors in the area! They deserve the advertising for their hard work!
Developer · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 434 posts · 357 votes
7y
Yeah, the problem with this post is that once I put them out there they'll be too busy to work on my jobs. I took too many losses finding them to hand them over.
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 180 posts · 161 votes
7y
Its very hard to compile a list like this. Several qualities go into selecting a contractor; price, timeliness, quality of work, scope of work to be completed, etc and we all have different thresholds of what we will accept and quantify as good.
Its been my experience that finding a good contractor takes time and hard work. Not only are the good contractors very busy but they have a group of investors that they work for almost exclusively.
Developer · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 434 posts · 357 votes
7y
Yeah, the problem with this post is that once I put them out there they'll be too busy to work on my jobs. I took too many losses finding them to hand them over.
Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 870 posts · 345 votes
7y
It's hard.
I deal with many professional contractors through my job, large firms. They are efficient, reliable, insured, licensed, and expensive. I can't use them for my rental business. It's shocking to see the difference between both worlds.
Good luck with your research. It's a revolving door.