Need advice on potential rental home in Florida. Sinkhole concern

Need advice on potential rental home in Florida. Sinkhole concern

Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes

Here is my story..... I sold a rental home in Chicago area last year.  (I am by no means a seasoned investor.)  I have an opportunity to buy out other half of a vacation home in Florida.  Here are the figures:  Original investment on my part was approx 33,000.  I would need to pay another 55,000 to buy it out.  The home would get approx 125,000 if sold.  It could rent for 1050 per month.  Not by the water, 2/2. 1115 SF.  My hesitation is it is in Hernando County, an area known for sinkholes.  If I buy it and rent it it is possible that a sinkhole could develop.  As you know that would mean a devaluing of the property.  So my quandery is do I rent it out or should I just take the money, sell it and look for a rental elsewhere?   What would YOU do and why?

0Reply
2 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.