Investor · Shepherdsville, KY · Member since 2016 · 87 posts · 48 votes
Hello all,
I was wondering where do you think the best location for an Airbnb would be in Louisville KY? Currently I operate one by Churchill Downs and it does okay there, but I think I could do a lot better if I was closer to say the Highlands or NULU. The only complaint I really get from some of my guests is that there isn't much to do around my property but go to Churchill Downs. I'd like to keep the purchase price of the house below $200,000 with very little renovations needed. Just curious on your thoughts. Thanks
Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y
@Fredie Robinson - I think you hit the nail on the head with great locations. The problem is that you're going to have a hard time finding a sub-$200K turnkey house in those areas, especially if they are within walking distance to happening spots.
You might check out some of the streets in Clifton neighborhood off of Frankfort Ave (near Silver Dollar). There are a lot of smaller to mid-sized homes and the neighborhoods are more transitional/affordable than NuLu/Highlands
Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y
@Fredie Robinson - I think you hit the nail on the head with great locations. The problem is that you're going to have a hard time finding a sub-$200K turnkey house in those areas, especially if they are within walking distance to happening spots.
You might check out some of the streets in Clifton neighborhood off of Frankfort Ave (near Silver Dollar). There are a lot of smaller to mid-sized homes and the neighborhoods are more transitional/affordable than NuLu/Highlands
Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2016 · 44 posts · 17 votes
7y
Freddie I have a flip coming on the east side of Phoenix hill. Walking distance to Bardstown. Close to everything 3 bed 2 bath. It would make an amazing Airbnb. I’ve actually thought about Airbnbing it myself but I need to get my capital out. We are selling it for $190k. Pm me if you want details.
Real Estate Broker · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 362 posts · 232 votes
7y
If you look at avg rents vs the cost to purchase, Churchill Downs and shelby park are the 2 best locations. They also arent subject to as much NIMBY intrusion from the neighborhood watch groups.