Recommendations for Areas in NYC to Invest

Recommendations for Areas in NYC to Invest

Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 3 votes

Hi Everyone, 

My name is Felicia. I'm a newbie to Bigger Pockets and Real Estate investing. I'm located in NYC, but due to the gentrification happening the market entry is too high for me right now. I'm looking for an area that is reasonable to invest in, but close enough to NYC. I'm curious if anyone has any feedback regarding investing in Albany, NY or Poughkeepsie, NY. 

Also, for Poughkeepsie what are some areas would you recommend looking into? Want to make sure that I'm not investing in a Class D area to start. 

Would love some suggestions. 

3Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Poughkeepsie, NY · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 25 votes
8y

I can help you out in Poughkeepsie. Just shoot me a message. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Poughkeepsie, NY · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    I can help you out in Poughkeepsie. Just shoot me a message. 

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Matt Caven:

    I can help you out in Poughkeepsie. Just shoot me a message. 

    Thank you. Sending you a message now!

  • Attorney at Law · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 40 posts · 26 votes
    8y

    Hi Felicia, I ended up buying a property in Yonkers. I've looked at Poughkeepsie in depth, as well as some other areas, and am happy to share what I've learned. Please feel free to PM me.

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Scott Schreiber:

    Hi Felicia, I ended up buying a property in Yonkers. I've looked at Poughkeepsie in depth, as well as some other areas, and am happy to share what I've learned. Please feel free to PM me.

    Thanks Scott! Sending you a PM 

  • Rental Property Investor · Yonkers, NY · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Scott Schreiber

    Hey there just saw your post. I am new to investing and saw that you recently purchased in Yonkers ?

    My husband and I bought our home in Yonkers 3 years ago and now I am looking to purchase an investment property.

    How has the market been for you here in Yonkers ?

  • Investor · Poughkeepsie, NY · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    North side of Poughkeepsie (City) is heating up. Multi family on Albany Street went onto the market at 298k, had a bidding war and subsequently and accepted offer at 340k.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.