Reasons to Sell Your Texas Rental Property?

Reasons to Sell Your Texas Rental Property?

Steve RozenbergPro Member
Specialist · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Whenever it came time to sell your rental property, what reasons would you say most contributed to that decision?

0Reply
17 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Denton, TX · Member since 2018 · 126 posts · 84 votes
    8y

    @Steve Rozenberg,

    What has impacted us is when someone makes us "an offer we can't refuse" on a property we own.  :)

    I have also seen a lot of people move to a different area and they don't want to be stuck with owning/managing a property in a far away city. They sell. 

    I would say that, and wanting the cash out of one deal to roll into another deal are the two biggest ones we see.

    Thanks,
    James

  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y
    Property taxes, lots of appreciation or persistent flooding comes to mind
  • Steve RozenbergPro Member
    OP
    Specialist · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @James Call I personally have had several “mistake” homes that I actually came to the table at closing just to make it no longer my problem. Takes all kinds

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    8y

    Cannot speak for myself but I can speak for my (former) neighbor -- bad tenants.  Not one set, but two in a row.  She was super fortunate that she was able to sell before the bank took it.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 99 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    Two reasons come to mind:

    1) As a last resort after exploring a 1031 exchange, I would sell to get the cash to finance other deals.

    2) Retire to go traveling and don't want to deal with the tenants and bills.  

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    8y

    @Steve Rozenberg I wonder are you referring to any house in particular?  I just noticed one house just came on the market about 10 doors down from the flip that I did in 77082, and the realtor listing it is apparently working for your company in your signature.  Maybe this was one of your rentals?

  • Steve RozenbergPro Member
    OP
    Specialist · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Mark Sewell

    Could be. I have a full brokerage of agents and mange close to 1000 rental properties. We have a lot of owners that buy and sell investments for various reasons. Some known an some not to me

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.