New to REI and looking for 4-plex in Modesto, CA 95355

New to REI and looking for 4-plex in Modesto, CA 95355

San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 5 votes

Hello! I am new to Real-estate investing. I have not purchased any property other than our home. I currently live in San Jose and very thankful that we have purchased our home back in 2011(still affordable then). Bay Area market is at an all-time high and I am looking into investing in Modesto Area, specifically 95355 area code. 

I have been listening to the BP podcasts for a while now and the speakers usually advice 4-plex and above rather than a duplex to get more earning potential. Well, for 5-plex, a commercial loan is needed, that is why I am opting for a 4-plex for now to get a conventional loan and lower down payment.

I am looking for a realtor that I could work with, knows the central valley area and contractor/s for a  fixer-upper property to work with.

Any advice, suggestions, or knowledge about a potential 4-plex investment property would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Timz

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    8y

    I have some referrals for you. Please feel free to pm me and I can share.

  • Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    We used Ismael Ontiveros to pick up a smashing 10 unit deal in late 2016 in Modesto off of Mchenry Ave.

    Ismael Ontiveros with J Peter Realtors Modesto 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.