Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Will Zena
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Estero, FL
Votes |
Cash Call Mortgage Experiences

Will Zena
Pro Member
  • Estero, FL
Posted Mar 27 2018, 12:20

I have been hearing alot of commercials on the radio for Cash Call Mortgage.  Saying they don't concern themselves so much with FICO scores or tax returns. They also accept low down payments for investment properties. They state in their commercials they are more concerned with the cash flow of the property. Also closings are apparently much shorter than a traditional closing (18 days I believe was an example given).

Has anyone use this company to finance an investment property before? Any feedback is appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Terry Lao
  • Professional
  • Anaheim, CA
Votes |
  • Professional
  • Anaheim, CA
Replied Mar 27 2018, 12:35

@Will Zena

I used Cash Call in southern california. They run a lot of radio commercials here too. I used for refinance and investment purchase. I would not say the lowest pricing, but competitive. If you want lowest, then search internet and most will have low overhead and only take A quality applicants who do not need hand holding. 

Overall, know your debt ratios, have fico of 740 or higher, and proof/source of funds.

Terry

User Stats

Votes
Will Zena
Pro Member
  • Estero, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Estero, FL
Replied Mar 27 2018, 12:46
Originally posted by @Terry Lao:

@Will Zena

I used Cash Call in southern california. They run a lot of radio commercials here too. I used for refinance and investment purchase. I would not say the lowest pricing, but competitive. If you want lowest, then search internet and most will have low overhead and only take A quality applicants who do not need hand holding. 

Overall, know your debt ratios, have fico of 740 or higher, and proof/source of funds.

Terry

Did you find them to be easier to deal with than a bank and lower closing costs?

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
Terry Lao
  • Professional
  • Anaheim, CA
Votes |
  • Professional
  • Anaheim, CA
Replied Mar 27 2018, 12:59

@Will Zena

Most loans originated bank, broker, or online company, will have the same underwriting guidelines. When close, they will more than likely sold to the secondary market. For example, you do a loan with Bank of America, then you will sign at closing a notice that you loan might be service by another company. That is just a nice way of saying, they sold you loan.

Overall, if a company like Bank of America or Wells Fargo, has high overhead, rent for fancy building, employees, then they will need to pay more for doing same loan as internet company with low overhead.

Easier to deal with? Probably the same. You have to know your loan, like A quality or not. I'm W2 with good income, fico of 800, and have down payment easily in bank. My tax returns are in order, employed for good length of time, and proof of funds with bank statements. My prior loans are with Cash Call and I know my loan officer. When i want to make a purchase, I tell her the details and she just brings up my old loan information and see what needs updating.

Knowing my lender and they know me, is easily worth paying a few more hundred dollars than finding the absolute lowest rock bottom price loan and someone that I do not know.

Also, I was in the mortgage business awhile back, so I don't need alot of hand holding.

Terry

User Stats

Votes
Will Zena
Pro Member
  • Estero, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Estero, FL
Replied Mar 27 2018, 13:09
Originally posted by @Terry Lao:

@Will Zena

Most loans originated bank, broker, or online company, will have the same underwriting guidelines. When close, they will more than likely sold to the secondary market. For example, you do a loan with Bank of America, then you will sign at closing a notice that you loan might be service by another company. That is just a nice way of saying, they sold you loan.

Overall, if a company like Bank of America or Wells Fargo, has high overhead, rent for fancy building, employees, then they will need to pay more for doing same loan as internet company with low overhead.

Easier to deal with? Probably the same. You have to know your loan, like A quality or not. I'm W2 with good income, fico of 800, and have down payment easily in bank. My tax returns are in order, employed for good length of time, and proof of funds with bank statements. My prior loans are with Cash Call and I know my loan officer. When i want to make a purchase, I tell her the details and she just brings up my old loan information and see what needs updating.

Knowing my lender and they know me, is easily worth paying a few more hundred dollars than finding the absolute lowest rock bottom price loan and someone that I do not know.

Also, I was in the mortgage business awhile back, so I don't need alot of hand holding.

Terry

Ok, I have been down the traditional lending road ofr my properties a couple times so I know what your saying.  Just in their commercials they state very low closing costs and 18 day close so I am wondering if that is all true. Also they say they are more concerned with the deal than your tax returns. It sounds like they are like my usual lenders.  Just some propaganda to get people to call which is fine and pretty common.

User Stats

Votes
Terry Lao
  • Professional
  • Anaheim, CA
Votes |
  • Professional
  • Anaheim, CA
Replied Mar 27 2018, 13:16

@Will Zena

I think it is a case by case basis. If they say more concerned with deal than tax returns, then I think it is a non convention loan, and more like a private lender who can make their own requirements. 

Like any commercial or newspaper advertisement, it is in the tiny details. You would have to call to find out. I know on cash call website, they have their rate sheet and adjustments. I can tell you from a former mortgage broker, most do not do that. If you can read a rate sheet, then you can determine the rate and points. Most lenders do not put rate sheets online, and thus verbal which can be all over the place.

Terry

User Stats

Votes
Terry Lao
  • Professional
  • Anaheim, CA
Votes |
  • Professional
  • Anaheim, CA
Replied Mar 27 2018, 13:21

@Will Zena

Cash Call rate sheet as of 3-27-2018, from their website. 

Terry

User Stats

Votes
Will Zena
Pro Member
  • Estero, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Estero, FL
Replied Mar 27 2018, 13:21

@Terry Lao ok definitely going to check out their website. if i give them a call I will update this thread with what I am told. Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Lonna Hord
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Montgomery, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Montgomery, TX
Replied Jan 27 2020, 09:33

RUN, FOREST, RUN from Cash Call Mortgage in Texas! After stringing us along for more than 2 months, requesting the same info 4+ times and requiring at the last minute that we get a larger loan to payoff our vehicles, at closing they dropped the bomb that we had to get almost COMPLETELY out of debt to close this loan!

All this on a loan that was collateralized at almost 300%!

Their behaviour, in my opinion, was a clear violation of Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act at several levels.

I would strongly recommend you avoid Cash Call Mortgage at all costs!

User Stats

Votes
James Zhang
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • New York, NY
Replied Oct 13 2021, 10:39

@Lonna Hord Hi Lonna, I am in the market for a cash-out refi lender with low fees.  I cam across Cash Call Mortgage.  I was wondering if you could share a little more about your experience with them.  If you feel more comfortable doing this via DMs, i can send you a message separately.