Rental Property Investor · Niceville, FL · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes
Good day,
I am a new convert to Bigger Pockets and have been listening non-stop to the BP Podcasts for the last 2 weeks since hearing about this amazing investment community.
I am a military service member moving to the Eglin Air Force Base area hoping to purchase a Buy and Hold Rental to live in and rent out when I leave. I currently have 2 Rent/Holds and about to convert my third.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions about areas of likely appreciation, rentability along with the usual desires of safe, clean, good schools, proximity to base etc.
I am looking into Navarre and Niceville specifically but am open to suggestions from local investor friendly Realtors and others familiar with the area.
Thanks in advance and I look forward to getting to know many of you in the future.
Real Estate Agent · Navarre, FL · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
8y
I'm actually a realtor in Navarre and I'm working on just such an idea in spreadsheet format. Trying to combine a few spreadsheets I've accumulated from various investors, including some on here, to simplify things.
I'm not finished yet, but would be happy to share once I'm through, though it may be a few weeks, or more. I haven't been on here lately, can't remember if you have access to my info, but send me an email if you can and I'll get in touch once it's done. If not, I'll be on here a lot more soon. Niceville might be a while.
I'm a realtor with Keller Williams. Also, I'm originally from Dyersburg, TN, saw you're from Clarksville.
Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2016 · 244 posts · 167 votes
8y
Welcome to the area. It's a good area for but and holds in my opinion, I currently have two. I would suggest the meet up held monthly by @arriane lemire. It is a good place to network with local investors, learn the area, and find deals. Hope to see you there and good luck! Feel free to ask me any questions you have
Investor · Fort Walton Beach, FL · Member since 2013 · 79 posts · 28 votes
8y
@trevor Welcome to the area. This is a good area for rentals becuase there are so many military members along the coast. I am a local wholesaler with deals from pensacola to panama city. Feel free to reach out and we can get you on our buyers list and hopefully find you something soon!
Real Estate Agent · Kennesaw, GA · Member since 2015 · 307 posts · 153 votes
8y
I’m a local Air Force guy as well with properties here and in other states. If your stationed at Eglin Niceville/Valparaiso is the ideal area. Navarre is also nice but the commute is pretty rough. If you ever want to chat hit me up. I’m more than willing to give you my perspective.