Should I focus on rental or continue pursuing other investments?

Should I focus on rental or continue pursuing other investments?

Rental Property Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2017 · 70 posts · 17 votes
Hello BP!!! I am currently conflicted on a current situation. I am in the process of rehabbing a rental property and although this situation is currently moving along smoothly, I am at a dilemma if I should focus all of my energy in the rental property or should I also be looking for other deals? Many people have suggested that "doing one thing at a time" is the wisest move, but I can't help think that I am losing out on deals and opportunities to make money while waiting. I am looking for more opinions from the BP community in what decision they believe is best. PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you
0Reply
19 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    8y

    Once I became established in rentals I diversified to increase my profits and limit my risks.

    All my present profits and all equity from my real estate income is redirected to other income streams to maximise my returns. Although my properties have maximum leverage I have the cash invested else where to produce higher returns than dead equity would produce. Much of my money is readily available making my high leverage properties minimal risk investments. Far more profitable and no more risk than fully paid off properties....twice the returns.

    Diversify to reduce risk and increase returns.

  • Rental Property Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2017 · 70 posts · 17 votes
    8y
    Thomas S. Thanks Thomas! This was helpful. If I am interpreting your advice correctly, it even sounds as if you suggest establishing yourself with rental properties as opposed to rehabbing with flipping? Am I correct?
  • Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2016 · 716 posts · 313 votes
    8y

    I always put all my energy  in the house I just purchased  to rent out.When I say all my energy  I am working  7 days a week going full bore ,every day it is not rented is money  lost !

  • Rental Property Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2017 · 70 posts · 17 votes
    8y
    Billy Smith Billy this is great feedback, this sounds very similar with some of the advice that I've been receiving from people close to me! Thanks
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.